Why Now Is The Best Time To Launch An E-Newsletter — And How To Do It Right
A global pandemic is a great time to launch an email newsletter.
That’s the opinion of content marketing expert, Ann Handley, who knows a thing or three about how to write amazing emails. I always get a thrill of anticipation and joy when her fortnightly email newsletter lands in my inbox.
So why is now a great time to start your own email newsletter?
Because now is “a time to be helpful and sincere. It’s a time to build relationships, nurture customers, and create long-term loyalty”, according to Handley. And “there’s no better way to do that than with the slow, steady cadence of an email newsletter.”
But only when it’s done right.
Follow these pointers to get your email marketing off to a flying start.
- Start by reading 6 Compelling Reasons Why Email Marketing Is More Powerful Than Social Media for further proof that email marketing is worth your time and effort.
- There’s no point in generating a list of email subscribers if you don’t have a strategy in place to do something with it. You can’t just start emailing people randomly and expect to see great results. This post guides you through the steps you need to take to build your email list the right way. Also check out this workflow planning document from NPR.
- For optimal results, you have to learn how to format and compose emails that draw readers in. The first few sentences of your email can make or break its performance.Read this article for some suggestions on the best ways to start an email to grab your reader’s attention.
- One of the best ways to build your list of subscribers is to create an opt-in offer. This email incentive, also known as a lead magnet, is something you are willing to give away for free which requires people to provide an email address to download. Read 15 Irresistible Ideas To Attract More Email Subscribers for ideas on what makes a good lead magnet.
- The most effective way to boost conversions and leads is through landing pages that send the visitor directly to your lead magnet. In their State of Email Marketing Report, GetResponse names landing pages as one of the 8 “critical factors” of email marketing success. Check out my tips to help you create an effective landing page.
- Once you’ve created your lead magnet, you will want to promote it and social media is of course one of the best ways to do this. Here are some ideas for you to try.
- And finally, in this article, Handley shares 17 things that you must do to ensure your email newsletter hits the right note.
Want to subscribe to my newsletter?
Each Monday I send out a weekly digest of social media marketing tips and the latest social media updates.