Content has no value unless it’s amplified. One way to ensure amplification and optimize your social media reach is to post your content at the right so they reach your audience when they are online.
If you search for optimum posting times, you will find many guides online. You can follow these recommendations as a starting point, but I do recommend you do your own testing to see which days and times work best for your own particular audience within your industry.
One of the most comprehensive guides to the best times to post for the major social platforms is this one from Sprout Social.
Some of the top-line stats at a glance are listed below. These are global visualizations — for a more granular and industry-specific focus see the report in full.
Best times to post on Facebook
- The best times to post to Facebook are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Sunday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook during the week.
- Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. have the least amount of engagement per day.
Best times to post on Instagram
- The safest times to post are Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Another higher engagement time period occurs on Saturday around 10 a.m.
- Sunday has the least engagement, as well as every day from 11 p.m–3 a.m.
Best times to post on Twitter
- The best times to post on Twitter are Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to post on Twitter.
- The safest times to post are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday gets the least engagement.
- Times to avoid that get the lowest engagement are every day from 10 p.m–4 a.m.
Best times to post on LinkedIn
The best times to post to Linkedin are Wednesday at 9–10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- The best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The least engagement per day occurs on Sunday and the least popular times to post are every day from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
To sum up
Consistent social sharing can help you stay top of mind with your audience. It’s a common mistake to only post content once and then not again. To get the most engagement, visibility and reach, reshare your content on multiple networks at various times and in different ways. Vary your updates when you do — for example, highlight a different statistic or quote, or ask your audience a question.
These data points are general but they provide a good starting point to start testing your audience engagement. Try them for a month, take note of your findings and see if your engagement shifts at the end of the month.
Here’s to your social media success!