The 7 Types of Social Media Content You Should Be Creating
The key to a successful social media marketing strategy is knowing what content to post and which tools to use
Content is the heartbeat of every successful social media strategy. In this article, we’ll explore some of the most popular types of social media content, examine why they work so well, and suggest the best platforms for each.
1. Visual Content
Visual content includes images, graphics, infographics, and videos. Platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok have grown exponentially due to their emphasis on visual content.
Why does visual content work?
The human brain processes visual information much faster than text. This makes visual content more engaging and memorable.
- Visual content can quickly capture a user’s attention as they scroll through their social media feeds.
- Visual content tends to generate higher levels of engagement than plain text posts. People are more likely to like, share, comment, or click on visual posts, which can increase your content’s reach and visibility.
- Visuals are powerful tools for storytelling. They can convey complex messages, emotions, and stories more effectively than text alone. This can help you connect with your audience on a deeper level and leave a lasting impression.
Instagram is the go-to platform for visual content. Its image and video-driven interface allows for creative storytelling and engagement through visuals.
- Canva is a user-friendly online design tool that offers a wide range of templates for creating social media graphics, posters, infographics, and more.
- Adobe Spark is a suite of design tools for creating graphics, web pages, and videos. It’s particularly useful for creating animated videos and social media graphics.
- Piktochart is a great tool for creating infographics and data visualizations. It offers a variety of templates and customization options.