Follow a Topic on Twitter to stay informed and see more relevant content related to that topic.
There are two ways in which you can follow Topics on Twitter (1) from your Home timeline and (2) from your Topics menu.
(1) From your Home timeline
- While scrolling through your Home timeline, you may notice that Twitter will suggest a Topic for you to follow.
- Simply Tap the Follow button next to the suggested Topic to follow.
(2) From your Topics menu
Tap Topics in your profile icon menu.
Tap Follow some Topics to browse by category type.
From within each category and sub-category type, tap the Follow button next to the Topics you’d like to follow.
When finished, tap Done.
Just like with accounts you follow, you can unfollow Topics at any time
From your Home timeline:
- In your Home timeline, navigate to a Tweet about a Topic you’re currently following.
- Tap the icon from the top of the Tweet and select Unfollow.
From your Topics:
- Tap Topics in your profile icon menu.
- Tap Unfollow next to the topic.
Topics you follow are public.
Anyone who can see your full profile can view the Topics you follow. If your Tweets are protected, only your followers will be able to see your Topics.
How to see the Topics someone follows
You have the option to see the Topics that someone else is following. You’re able to view their Topics if their Tweets are public, or if their Tweets are protected and you’ve been approved as a follower.
On the Twitter for iOS and Android app, and twitter.com:
- Go to their profile.
- Click or tap the more menu at the top of their profile page.
- Select View Topics.
Here’s to your Twitter success!