If a picture says a thousand words, a video tells a million.
Video marketing can help you tell your story in a more entertaining, educational, and inspiring way.
People engage with video more than any other form of content (written, audio, images, etc.). In fact, YouTube has an average session duration of 9 minutes and 28 seconds. That’s more than many other social networks. And Facebook recently noted that the number of people watching Facebook Live content has risen by 50% since January.
Video is also a boon for SEO efforts helping you rank higher in Google. You are 53x more likely to show up on page 1 of Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
Social Media Today recently shared an infographic that highlights some key video marketing stats.
Here are some that stood out for me.
1. People watch on average 16 hours of online videos per week.
2. Video will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2022
3. 54% of consumers prefer video over other kinds of marketing content.
4. Over 2 billion people log in to YouTube every month, with over a billion hours of video watched every day.
5. Video is popular on Twitter, earning more retweets than images and GIFS.
6. Native LinkedIn videos get shared 20 times more than other types of content.
7. 4 in 5 learn new skills using online videos.
8. A large majority of businesses are using video, recognizing its significance to their marketing strategy.
9. Video significantly increases website traffic and average time spent on site.
10. Video ads encourage consumer purchasing.
11. Over half of businesses, not currently using video, plan on using it in 2020.
12. Explainer videos are the most popular video format to create.
13. More businesses plan on using live video in 2020.
14. When it comes to B2B marketing, video is also leading the way. Not surprisingly, especially at this current time, webinars are the most popular format.
15. Worth noting, the majority of business videos are watched on desktop.