To mark World Statistics Day today, here are ten interesting social media statistics you can use in your writing and presentations.
Let’s start off with an overview of how many people use social media globally in 2020.
- There are 3.8 billion active social media users across the globe (Source: We Are Social & Hootsuite).
2. The average internet user spends 2 hours and 24 minutes daily on social media (Source: We Are Social).
3. Facebook users spend 38 minutes per day on the platform (Source: Social Media Today).
4. Instagram users spend an average of 28 minutes per day on Instagram (Source: Hootsuite).
5. The average YouTuber spends an average of 11m 24s daily on the platform (Source: Hootsuite).
6. People watch on average 16 hours of online videos per week (Source: Elite Content Marketer).
7. 68% of consumers say they prefer to interact with images while 50% like to engage with video content (Source: Sprout Social).
8. Infographics are liked and shared on social media three times more than any other content (Source: Shelley Media Arts).
9. Video will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2022 (Source: Elite Content Marketer).
10. Explainer videos are the most popular video format to create Source: Elite Content Marketer).